OK. Where can I get the fonts?

I just installed the font packages that had "cyrillic" in the package titles for my Linux distribution...

I would also like to understand what fonts I need, i.e. the relationship between the code of an HTML page and what fonts are selected.

The exact fonts selected depend on the encoding of the page, more or less... Any decent "unicode" font will do; if you have to do with encoding-specific fonts, KOI8 and Windows-1251 are the main cyrillic encodings.

-Boris