Jeff Walden wrote:

Right now there's not much Help documentation. The firebirdhelp project on Mozdev <http://firebirdhelp.mozdev.org/> started some, but there's just not the interest in Thunderbird that there is in Firefox.

The Help Viewer in Firefox should be pretty much compatible with Thunderbird with only minor changes which can be hacked into the tree with little effort. The docs, however, are mostly non-existent. I suggest you download stuff from firebirdhelp and see if /any/ of it is salvageable. It's mostly still pretty much direct Mozilla Mail ports, so you'll probably have a ton to do.

No, not really. The changes are fairly radical and the bugs are difficult to fix. The current help viewer is almost completely broken in Thunderbird. I know because I tried to get the Help Viewer working in Thunderbird and it ended up being much more difficult than I thought. I ended up abandoning the effort because I didn't have the time and resources. I'd really start with getting the viewer to work in Thunderbird.

The only Thunderbird help docs made (by the Firebirdhelp project, which was merged with the Mozilla Help Viewer Project) are here -> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/help-viewer/documentation.php. Since they're obsolete, they don't provide much of a base.

--R.J.