[I tried to cross-post this to comp.os.vms, but got the following error
message: 441 437 hierarchy violation - crosspost outside netscape.]

I asked this question a while back, but never got a satisfactory answer.

Out of the box, Cyrillic fonts wouldn't display at all with Mozilla
running on VMS with DECwindows.  I hunted down some fonts on the
internet, installed them and now I can see Cyrillic letters, but there
is only one size, one shape and one strength.  HTML, in tags like
<H1>, <ADDRESS> etc, with "normal" fonts results in a different size,
shape or strength than the default.  What do I need to do to get this to
work with Cyrillic fonts?  Obviously, I need the fonts.  Is it enough to
simply install them like I did the others?

What fonts do I need and where can I get them?

What I really need to understand, perhaps, is how HTML code gets
translated to a request for a specific font and, if that font is not
available, how the substitution (hopefully to the most similar font) is
performed.

Assuming I can't find the fonts I need (which is rather unlikely---the
Cyrillic fonts I have were developed for unix platforms, as far as I
know, and work fine on VMS), is there any way I can create the ones I
need (other sizes, shapes and strengths) from the ones I have?