Ah...
Well I still can't make sense of all that.
I was a C programer and found C++ formal/riged. I like function overloading. I cant go strictly object though.

But with a little shooting in the dark (cut/paste code segments from functions listed in lxr) I did get this to work.
Why BrowserOpenTab() exists globally but removeAllTabsBut() is a method on some thing still escapes me. Objects in XUL in XML... I must be getting old. Thanks for the url... xlr is cool.

BrowserOpenTab(); var browser = getBrowser(); browser.removeAllTabsBut(browser.mCurrentTab);

/* All these failed failed 4/25/05 FireFox 1.0.2
   BrowserCloseOtherTabs();
   removeAllTabsBut();
   CloseAllOtherTabs();
   closeOtherTabs();
*/

Steffen Wilberg wrote:
Mike wrote:

But in Firefox BrowserCloseOtherTabs() does not exist.
Anybody know the function I'm looking for?

tabbrowser.xml has the method "removeAllTabsBut", with the current tab as a parameter.

Or a reference where I could find it.
Or an example?
Or a search engine that could find it?
(yes, I'm a little frustrated)