+ Kennedy Kok + <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am not talking about compile time. What I am talking about is deployment.
>
> Once my app is deployed to a user's machine, my application is not able to
> locate gtkmozembed unless the user manually changes ld.so.conf or
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH. And I prefer that the user does not have to do that.

You can do this by setting the run-path for the executable.  GNU
binutils at least allows you to do this with the -rpath option.  So
you could add something like this to your Makefile:

    LDFLAGS += -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/lib/mozilla

The appropriate directory may vary, of course.  Perhaps you can try to
extract that from the output of pkg-config.  If you are installing
private copies of the Mozilla libraries then specify the directory
where you will install them.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings