Huang, Christina wrote:
Hi,

I installed Mozilla ActiveX control using Mozilla ActiveX Control 1.7.12 <http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/MozillaControl1712.exe> following the install instruction. Here is the link of Mozilla ActiveX introduction that I followed:

http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/control.htm

I still couldn’t using it after I installed it, http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozctltest2.htm is a page using Mozilla ActiveX control. I couldn’t see the object on the page.

Below is the detail I’v done.

Where I get executable installer on page http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/control.htm

/Get the binaries!///

/Standalone Mozilla ActiveX Control installers. Note these contain just the control and the parts of Mozilla Gecko it needs to function. It does not contain the full Mozilla browser./

**/Version/**//

/Mozilla ActiveX Control 1.7.12 <http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/MozillaControl1712.exe>/

/…/

Where I get installation instruction on page http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/control.htm

/Installing it///

/Installation should be a straightforward procedure:/

/1.          //Install or build mozilla /

/2. //Open a DOS prompt, change to your Mozilla bin directory (e.g. "cd c:\mozilla\bin") /

/3.          //Type "regsvr32 mozctlx.dll" /

/Note that building Mozilla will usually register the control for you unless you have set MOZ_NO_ACTIVEX_REGISTRATION to disable this behaviour./

/If regsvr32.exe is not in you path use the "Find Files..." facility of 95/98/NT to locate it and run it using its the full path./

/Do not register mozctl.dll! The new mozctlx.dll now contains all the PATH fixup magic that ensures the control works correctly./

Thank you for your kind help.

/ /

I don't know if this has anything to do with it...but what version of Mozilla/Gecko do you have installed/built on your system? Was wondering if maybe that control has some issues with 1.5?

Niky Williams