If I have

then in Mozilla M18 (Linux) someFunction gets triggered when the mouse
passes over the child paragraph. Is that really the correct behaviour?
It strikes me as counterintuitive because the child paragraph is
contained within the div and so the mouse hasn't left the div, if you
get my drift.

Is it Mozilla or my intuitions which are askew?

TIA,

Darren

Test file:

 "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">
  <head>
    <title>Test 2</title>
    charset=ISO-8859-1">
    <!--
      DIV.myDiv {
        padding : 1em; border : solid thin; margin : 1em; background :
        cyan;
      }
    -->
  </head>

jumps over
the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick
brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the
lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown
fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy
dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox
jumps over the lazy dog.</p>

D. D. Brierton       Department of Philosophy, University of Edinburgh
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                    http://www.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/~ddb