You would get much better feedback w.r.t. proxy errors,
if you were to post to the netlib newsgroup instead.
That said, there are a number of proxy related bugs that
need to be addressed.  There is a meta bug which
references most (if not all) proxy bugs... see bug 61691.
I would suggest that if you have filed a proxy bug, that
you verify that it is listed as a dependency of 61691.

Darin