I've been annoyed by this misfeature for a long time.  Since it is
persistently present in all the Mozilla versions I download, I guess
it's time to speak up.

Say I fill out and submit a form that uses the POST method.  The POST
request gets processed, and I get my page.  Then I click or go to
another page.  Now, if I want to get back to the page that was
generated in response to the POST, I get this annoying popup:

    The page you are trying to view was generated from data you
    entered in an online form earlier in this browser session.  If you
    resend the data, any action that the form carried out (such as a
    search or online purchase) will be repeated.  To resend the data,
    click OK.  Otherwise, click Cancel.

For someone who understands HTTP, this appears like a fair choice.
But what I really want, and what Netscape 4 consistently did, is for
the browser to simply give me the cached copy of that page, nothing
more and nothing less.  If I then press reload, it can re-issue the
POST request.

This dialog box is extremely annoying and detrimental to navigation,
because it shows up in a seemingly random fashion (you're never sure
whether a particular form uses GET or POST), and provides you with a
not-to-useful choice.

Has this been discussed before?  Is it a bug or a feature?