And it came to pass that Alison Stewart wrote:

>I realize that most people use the linux version, but a
>friend asked me this question.  If this is the wrong list,
>please let me know, and accept my apologies.
>
>Is there a way to transfer mail (POP) folders from Netscape
>4.7x to Mozilla under M$ Windows, and if so, how?  My
>friend's Netscape died on him and he's switching to Mozilla,
>but he would like to extricate his old mail from the NS
>carcass if possible.  So far as I can tell, the folders are
>plain text, so the main question is how to get Windows
>Mozilla to recognize them; it should be even easier than
>importing Eudora folders, correct?

This is really extremely easy: use Windows Explorer to copy the
desired folders to the target folder.

Communicator, Netscape 6 and Mozilla all use text files to store
mail.  These files have no extensions, so the INBOX will simply
be INBOX, and so on.

He might want to rename them to something like NCINBOX, NCDRAFTS
and so on, especially if he's all ready using Mozilla.

On an OT tangent, these files can be imported to Pegasus Mail by
adding an ".mbx" extension.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(         Dionysian Reveler

You're twisted, depraved, and rotten to the core... I like that
in a person.

To reply: xjahnATyahooDOTcom