On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:29:16 -0600 esteemed Steve did'st hold forth
thusly:
> I frequently play around with new builds of Mozilla on Linux, MacOS,
> and Win9x systems.  I would delete or rename the old Mozilla folder,
> unpack a newer build in its place, and let the new build access the
> same user info as the old one.

Steve,

I'm running Moz 0.8 right now and never run the nightlies. However, I'd
like to start running some of the nightlies. Do you think this
delete/rename of old folders is the best way to go?

I'm wondering if instead can the installer just get pointed to the old
directory and install the latest build on top of the old build? Or does
that ever cause problems?

I'm also wondering which methods of install will make it easiest for the
new builds to get my bookmarks and preferences from the previous
installs.

Anyone want to describe what are the trade-offs for different ways of
trying nightlies? I run NT4 SP6a btw.