Darren Siegel wrote:

> I've noticed that the width and height of individual frames in
> a frameset isn't usually represented well in Netscape.
> I have a three framed site that has a picture spanning more than
> one frame.  After carefully partitioning the picture to fit the height
> and with of the frames, I get a pretty good looking web site when
> viewed in IE (4.0+).  When I view this same site in Netscape (4.6),
> the frames are slightly smaller, so part of the picture is cutoff, and the
> overall effect is bad.  I've set all the appropriate frameset and body
> tags such as MarginWidth and MarginHeight to zero in an attempt to
> correct this but nothing works.
>
> I know I can put some JavaScript in the page containing the frame set, and
> conditionaly set the width and height of the frames, based on what browser
> is being used.  I just don't want this code to be guesswork so....
>
> My question is:  Are there any resources (i.e. web sites) that
> detail this behavior in Netscape, maybe that give information regarding
> which versions of NN have this problem.  I'd like to get a real sound
> solution in place that handles NN versions 4.0+ and up.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Darren Siegel
> YukonSoft Corporation
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In Netscape 4.x versions, frames are rendered in terms of even percents
of the available screen rather than pixels. If you specify pixels, they
are converted to the even percents. Not a good idea trying to merge
images in frames with Netscape 4.x. See -
http://www.htmlhelp.com/faq/html/frames.html#frame-size

Joe