I have installed Mozilla 0.8 on my Win ME machine with the
installer. When I try the link to the jre.xpi file in order to
install Java support, Mozilla pops up with a panel asking me if I
want to install this program. I press OK, the panel disappears,
and Mozilla starts loading forever - with no network activity.

I then fetched jre.xpi with another program to my hard disk, I
point Mozilla towards it, and the same thing happens: Mozilla
acts as if it is waiting something that never happens.

What should I do about the Java support?

Steen