Stuart Ballard wrote:

> "Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T." wrote:
> >
> > While Beonex efforts are all well and good. They are targeting "only"
> > the "Windows" Market.
> >
> > I've been in touch with them and the have stated unequivocally. "We have
> > no interest at this time in developing a Mac version of Beonex".
>
> Utter crap. I've seen *multiple* posts from Ben Bucksch, who for all
> intents and purposes *is* Beonex, saying that they would love to do a
> Mac version but don't have the *resources*. As far as I know, Beonex are
> currently making more-or-less no money on their distribution, and don't
> have a Mac machine to build on. If you can donate a Mac, or offer the
> use of a Mac by some kind of remote access, or manage the build on Mac
> for Beonex yourself, I know that Ben would be delighted to hear from you
> (because I've read multiple posts in which he's said so in as many
> words). Don't misrepresent his position.
>
> I'm not arguing that it is *right* that Beonex can't produce a Mac
> distribution, but a distribution that is given away for free simply
> can't be expected to have unlimited resources! A Mac capable of building
> Mozilla would cost well over 1000 dollars, and what is apparently a
> one-person operation giving Mozilla distributions away for free is
> highly unlikely to have 1000 dollars floating around to spend on a build
> machine.
>
> Stuart.

Stuart you didn't quote the whole paragraph. I did say that at the time
it was said; I was only about second person to make the request.

And by the way. Why is it a stretch of Dollars to buy a Mac, and not a
PC. Can they purchase a a decent PC for $99.95 including software.

You can get a new iMac for less than $1000.00. A Mac doesn't cost the
price of a Cray Super Computer.

Apple has got Desktop Mac's down to almost the same price of equiv PC's.
Phillip M. Jones, CET     |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street        |Who's Who. PHONE:540-632-5045, FAX:540-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809|[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!