JTK wrote:

> Garth Wallace wrote:
> >
> > JTK wrote:

> >  >>>

> > > For making the Mozilla project not use Windows' perfectly good tree
> > > control and instead implement their own, for instance?  Did the W3C
> > > force you to do that?
> >
> > No, the fact that we're not just targeting Windows forced us to do that.
> > Can't use Windows tree control on Mac, or UNIX, or BeOS, or Amiga, or...
>
> Ok, so why didn't this force you to not use Windows' file open/save
> common dialog as well?  Can't use Windows file open/save dialog on Mac,
> or UNIX, or BeOS, or Amiga, or...

Because Mozilla doesn't need control over the open/save dialogue like it
does other objects - like scrollbars.  It's one of the few objects they
were lucky enough not to have to "reinvent".  Perhaps there's other
reasons, but that's the most obvious one that jumps out at me.

Justin H.
--
"I'm just tossing this out...but maybe we need a tax credit for the
poorest Americans to buy a laptop."