"Matt Kane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Has anyone gotten the java plugin to work with Linux?
>
> I have Caldera OpenLinux 2.4, installed Netscape 6.0 and Mozilla 0.8 and
> everytime I go to a page with Java on it, I get the message to download  the
> plugin, I download it, it says it is successful and the next time I go to a
> page with an applet on it I get the same message.  I tried making a  shortcut
> to the .so file under the ns600 plugins directory...

I had to add links in the plugins directory for both
java2/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so and
java2/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so to make it work on my mutant vaguely
Slackwareish systems.  Perhaps the same will work for your Caldera
thingy.
--
"I don't like this word 'meowbot'.  It is not a meowbot.  It is a device
which is meowing."  -Jeffy