This is my first real experience with a large open source project, and there
is one thing which has genuinely surprised me - the quality of the code and
the discipline which has obviously been maintained when writing it. At this
stage, I'd say that it exceeds anything I've seen in commercial in-house
projects (and I've seen a hell of a lot of that!). I imagine is because this
is a labour of love for those working on it (including those being paid) not
just a job. Anywhichway, I think kudos is in order for that too.
Cheers,
Chris