I'm starting to convert a big MFC project to use the same base
classes/libraries as Mozilla (ready for further convergance to "the Mozilla
way") but, as usual, this leads to an immediate question:

What is the "standard string class" in Mozilla, and where does it live?

Naturally I've browsed the docs and code, but there seem to be any number of
string classes and various (undated) commentary about which are "in" and
which are "out", so I'm uncertain which to go for. I'm just looking for
something fairly comparable to MFC's CString (or even the STL string, but
with Format capability), with conditional Unicode support if pos.

I'd expected there to be a shared library/DLL with a bunch of basic data
classes in (string, map, hashtable, etc), especially since Mozilla doesnt
use STL and is well compartmentalised in other areas, but this doesn't seem
to exist - or am I ovlerooking some wood because of the trees?

Cheers,
Chris