Gervase Markham wrote:

> > Well I'd hope so, given how much memory it hogs.  Again, over 22MB *TO
> > DISPLAY A BLANK PAGE*.
>
> I tell you what - we'll make a pre-app that brings up a GIF of Mozilla
> showing a blank page. Then, when you click on it, it loads the real thing.
> That way, you can have your blank page with almost no memory. How does
> that sound?

Actually, I'm surprised there isn't work being done in that wise.  I'm
sure now that you've floated the notion, there will be.  Anything to
avoid solving the real problem.

> The memory usage for a blank page is a useless measure.

Not when it's over TWENTY MEG it isn't.

> Browse a chosen 20
> sites in the two browsers (of equal HTML and CSS functionality), then
> check the memory usage.

Ah, Mr. Markham, do you *really* want me to do that, and report back
with the results?  Yeah, I didn't think so.

> I'm not saying Mozilla's memory usage is necessarily good - but your
> measure certainly isn't.

"My measue" is only the tip of a very ugly iceberg Mr. Markham.  And I
can't help but notice a complete lack of "your measure"s being posted
anywhere, be they good, bad, or ugly.