Marc Leger wrote:

> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are no details in the W3C's HTML spec
> > that define exactly how a textbox is suppose to look, as long as they
> > function as they are suppose to. This has nothing to do with standards
> > simply because one doesn't exact for textboxes.
>
> You are correct.  So I'll ask it as simple as possible:
>
> Why does Netscape/Mozilla render textboxes different than IE?

Browsers are free to render them as the programmers wish them to. There
is no standard on how they should be styled.

Frankly I'm finding it a little irritating that people seem to assume
that if it isn't done how IE does it, than it isn't right.

Very irritating actually.
--

 http://c64.arcsnet.net/
 "The things you own, they end up owning you." - Tylder Durden