Laurie Becker wrote:

> I downloaded mozilla 0.9 without the installer and foolishly imported
> component.reg into my registry.  Now mozilla and netscape 6 won't start.
> Could someone give me the keys this imported?  I had opened the file in
> notepad but most is binary.

"component.reg" is a file that should be created in the bin directory the
first time you run Mozilla. You shouldn't need to do anything with it to be
able run Mozilla. Just make sure you have write permissions enabled for the
Mozilla bin directory and that mozilla.exe is started with the bin directory
as its working directory.

You don't need to import it anywhere, and definitely NOT into the Windows
registry. That could be prove fatal to your OS assuming regedit doesn't save
you from yourself and reject it.