On Sat, 2 Jun 2001, Alex wrote:

> You use "background-color: transparent" all over the place.
> I know that the W3C's CSS validator mentions this as a
> "warning," but it isn't necessary since by default they are
> transparent. "Warnings" are not violations in CSS compliance.

There's a reason the validator complains.

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/1999Mar/0013.html

...might explain it, along with other posts in that thread.

--
Ian Hickson                                     )\     _. - ._.)       fL
Netscape, Standards Compliance QA              /. `- '  (  `--'