Hi all!

I've got what has to be a silly question, but I can't figure it out at the
moment.

I'm trying to create a valid HTML 4.01 STRICT document. In this document is
a textarea that I do NOT want to have word wrapped.

The problem is that mozilla insists on word wrapping no matter what I do
unless I break the 4.01 strict rules.

Here's what I see:
If I leave the rows and cols attributes off of the textarea, mozilla will
not wrap the text. However, rows and cols are required by 4.01 strict

No matter what I do, if I put rows and cols attributes in the textarea,
mozilla wraps the text. Even if I put rows="9999999" cols="999999999"

As an FYI, I'm using stylesheets and absolute positioning to place the
element on the screen.

Am I missing something? What is the "correct" way of doing this.

Thanks,

David
[EMAIL PROTECTED]