OK....
   I am trying to get a grip on this.

The spammer uses this magic URL in his browser. The browser connects to
'host' at port 25, while expecting to implement an FTP login. The remote
server picks up the 'SMTP commands here' and the envokes sendmail to
send some spam?

Is this possibly a configuration problem for the server or the sendmail.
I can see where the sendmail would simply see a local forwarding, but I
don't follow what the browser does to tie the two (it's input and
sendmail) together.

Can you go into more detail about the significance of the LineFeed and
the SMTP commands?

Rip