[EMAIL PROTECTED] (HeadTechnican @ Mathco.com) writes:

> I have a question. I run slackware 7.1 and i have
> the following problem.
>
> Has anyone gotten RealPlayer 8
> to work with the latest Mozilla release?

yes :)

> I have Mozilla installed under /usr/local/Mozilla
> and RealPlayer 8 installed under /usr/local/Realplayer8.
>
> I have entered the mimetypes correctly as specified
> for Netscape 6 and copied the plugins to /use/local/Mozilla/plugins.
>
> What happens is when i click on a link it only brings up
> a Save To Disk Window even if I don't have the save to disk
> box checked.

The "about:plugins" URL tells you which plugins are available
to your mozilla at the moment. Most likely, you don't have
RealPlayer available in mozilla.

I had a similar problem. My RealPlayer is an rpm. The
plugin for netscape/Mozilla is rpnp.so, and there is another
file, raclass.zip, I dunno its function. In order netscape/
mozilla to see the plug-in, these files have to be in some
"plugins" directory, where netscape/mozilla looks for plug-ins at
start.

Well, the RealPlayer rpm installs both rpnp.so and raclass.zip in
two directories, /usr/lib/netscape/plugins/  and
/usr/local/netscape/plugins/.  My netscape and mozilla are
elsewhere, so they could not see the plug-ins.

I simply made symlinks to the plugins. In your case, that
will be (assuming rpnp.so and raclass.zip are in
/usr/lib/netscape/plugins):

        cd /usr/local/Mozilla/package/plugins (or wherever
the "plugins" directory is)
        ln -s /usr/lib/netscape/plugins/rpnp.sp rpnp.so
        ln -s /usr/lib/netscape/plugins/raclass.zip raclass.zip

and restart mozilla. With "about:plugins" you should see
the real plugin activated.

If you have RealPlayer as an rpm, to see whether indeed
rpnp.so and raclass.zip are in /usr/lib/netscape/plugins/, do
        rpm -ql RealPlayer | grep plugins
Otherwise,
        find / -name "rpnp.so" -print 2> /dev/null

Good luck,
Minko