Mike Koenecke wrote:

> Agreed. I'm afraid that all that Microsoft "My Pictures," "My Files,"
> "My Documents," ad nauseum makes me want to puke. I keep my data in a
> directory called "Data".
>
> On or about Mon, 25 Jun 2001 00:00:03 GMT, Mark
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> allegedly wrote:
>

>>Albert wrote:
>>

>>>What exactly is the problem with calling it My Sidebar?  Sounds just
>>>fine here, if not a tad commercialized.  Besides, the endusers get
>>>that warm n fuzzy feeling :)
>>>
>>First, thanks for the update Gervase. It doesn't make much difference to
>>me either way, but I am getting a little tired of the "my" this and
>>that. If it's any hardware or software component on "my" machine, I tend
>>to think of it as mine by default. The use of "my" doesn't necessarily
>>give me and warm fuzzy feeling, but instead, to me, makes it sound
>>unprofessional somehow.

I refuse to use My Documents mostly because on my Windows98 system it's
mysteriously the slowest loading folder in the entire drive.  So, now I
keep everything in a folder marked "Documents" with subfolders marked by
usernames, although that's not very organized either :)

--
Albert

"We must have a better word than 'prefabricated'. Why not 'ready-made'?"
--Winston Churchill

If sending email, remove the obvious spam-preventer from my email address.