Vikram T. Nagarajan wrote:

> Hi Mozzi's,
>
>     I have a query, Even though the Mozilla has all the frame works and
> design patterns, why the EXCEPTION handling is missing.
>
>     Is this only to provide Cross Platform Compatibility? Can any one
> clarify my doubt.

Exceptions can result in fewer bugs and faster performance (depending on
how you use them and how well your compiler does).

However, Mozilla wasn't created from a blank slate. The current code was
derived from previous code, and that chain goes way back. Furthermore,
it needs to support a wide variety of C++ compilers, each of which has
significant problems. Historically, a lot of compilers had problems with
exception handling.

[followups narrowed]
--
http://www.classic-games.com/              http://www.indie-games.com/
I've often thought intelligence agencies should recruit idiots, as