N. Marshall wrote:

> I just asked my bank (CIBC) why they have a notice saying that they
> don't support nav 6.
>
> Here is their explination:
>
> "I am sorry to learn of the difficulties that you experienced with PC
> Banking. CIBC PC Banking does not currently support Netscape 6.x
> browsers.
> The issue with Netscape, is that the Netscape browser does not always
> recognize that it is accessing a secure site (128-bit encryption). As
> such,
> it leads customers to believe that they are not on a secure site when
> they
> are.
>
> At this time, I am unable to provide you with a time-frame when we will
> support Netscape 6.x browsers. "
>
> Anyone know of the bug they are refering too?  Will it/has it been fixed
> in Mozilla 0.9.2?

Sounds like rubbish to me.  I use Royal Bank and was able to access it
with N6 in spite of the fact that their website said they didn't support
N6.  Now, I notice that the warning has disappeared, so I guess Royal
Bank thinks that N6 has learned how to recognize 128-bit encryption?  I
suspoect that if you tell CIBC that their competitor supports N6, the
problem will be cured *very* quickly.  :-)

--
Gord McFee
I'll write no line before its time