In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Adam Lock"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anonymous wrote:
>
>>Very often backslashes get incorporated into URLs on many websites,
>>causing links to work in Internet Explorer, but to fail in mozilla.
>>
> Mozilla already converts backslashes to forward slashes, at least on
> Win32:
>
> http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/docshell/base/nsDefaultURIFixup.cpp#76

I thought the conclusion of previous discussion on this was that Mozilla
should be liberal in what it accepts as far as the location bar is
concerned, but conform to the specification as far as URIs in the
document are concerned. I don't see much in the way of rationale for
reconsideration of this in bug 81717.

This is another issue where Mozilla ought to avoid accommodating the
Wrong Thing. It was; now it's not. Wait, this is just for Win32, so now
we lack platform parity here to boot. :-(

I really the fix to bug 81717 ought to be backed out.

Braden