I am using Mandrake 8.0, which I have been pretty happy with up till now.  I
also had been using Mozilla 0.8 which comes with the package.

I have had no reported problems with system hiccups or the like.

Last night I downloaded the latest version of Mozilla from RPMFIND.  The RPM
was developed by the Cooker group.

After the install (which was pretty well painless) I had noticed that there
was no mail client and had to go back and get the separate mail client. The
build for the browser was 586 whilst the mail was a 386.

I now have problems when I shut down the computer.  When it goes back to the
black base screen (I call it the DOS screen), I end up getting a blue square
appearing which has an un-happy face in it - and requires a re-boot to get
going again.

This will only happen if I have been using the mozilla browser or email
client.

Anyone seen this before ?

Regards
Pete