JTK wrote:

> Bill, I kindly ask of you to not pretend to know my motives, 'cause
> you're not much of a mindreader.
>
> Sorry Bill, this indeed was "one of those times".  You made it clear you
> didn't know much about the situation, so I figured I'd give you the full
> skinny on it.  I apologize if I inadvertantly educated you.  Perhaps
> others will find it elucidating and appreciate my candor if you won't.

Actually...  Mozilla isn't really being bad by blocking ports.  There is
no reason an FTP server should be using port 25, or any other port
that's reserved.  There shouldn't be any reason why an FTP can't use
some random port number, but it shouldn't be on a port reserved for
another service.  A mail server shouldn't be run on port 80.  80 is
reserved for http, not POP3 or SMTP.  Servers on reserved ports are the
ones at fault here, not Mozilla