Try eDexter. It sets up a limited web server that operates on your
local machine only (127.0.0.1). It then substitutes a tiny .gif stored
on your hard drive for any graphic requested from the 127.0.0.1
assigned sites in your hosts file.
http://www.accs-net.com/hosts/eDexter.html

This should get rid of the connection refused timeout window.

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 23:20:56 -0400, cher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I don't want to see the ads!!!
>MSIE didn't give me the warning. How do I stop 6.1r1 from giving me
>warnings??????????????
>
>thanks
>
>On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 19:21:25 -0500, Jay Garcia
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>cher wrote:
>>> I just installed 6.1r1.
>>>
>>> I keep getting popups that say that the connection was refused when
>>> trying to contact an ad server.
>>>
>>> I have a file that stopped access to ad servers in MSIE. but I am sure
>>> 6.1r1 doesn't use the HOSTS file.
>>>
>>> Where is this block occuring and how can I stop it from giving me the
>>> alert which is almost worse than the ad????????/
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> cher
>>>

>>Locate your HOSTS file and rename to HOSTS.BAK .. Restart 6.1b1 and try
>>again.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]