Ok, still no luck.  The check mark on the view | my side bar is gone and
the next time I start, it is there again and the window is tiny again.

I wonder if something else is going on here.  I was using mozilla 0.9.2
then upgraded to 0.9.3 and when I started it (it defaults to only
opening mail which then connects to a imaps server) and it crashes
immediately (null pointer).  I went back to 0.9.2 for a day and then
went to netscape 6.1.  It didn't crash, but I still had the sidebar
problem with both of these.

I also have it in the preferences where the list of search engines is an
empty pulldown and it no longer allows you to search google from just
typing stuff in the location bar.  (This used to work.)

Is there something that is shared between netscape and mozilla that
might be causing this.  I am running 0.9.3 on another machine and I
haven't had a problem.

Kerry.