Ben Justice wrote:
> My mistake, maybe I got Mozilla confused with the "Geko" engine or
> something like that.  Seems like I read that thing was lean and mean.
> I just want a non-bulky browser that loads quickly and consumes a minimum
> of memory.  Mail and news if included, should be an optional components!
> I like to use Pegasus and Xnews respectively.  Both free, Xnews is an
> excellent news reader.
>

> Maybe I'll look into Opera.  Shame though,if I'm understanding your answer,
> looks like I'll never really use less resources by choosing an alternate to
> IE cause IE is running anyway. Might as well just run IE if I'm looking to
> save resourses -- guess thats what MS intended?
>
> -- Bj

I'm sure some of us would argue that is exactly what Microsoft intended.
You could get around this a bit by using an alternate shell, like
LiteStep [http://ls.themes.org], or something similar [can become a
hassle though] - and there's always Windows98 Lite [http://www.98lite.net].

Of course, with memory prices like they are, grabbing another 128MB
would make your whole computing life easier, and you'd be able to keep
Mozilla running in the background with the -turbo switch, which allows
it to startup faster than IE, at least on my machine.

-bZj