> For example, until ten years or so ago, most of New Zealand had only
> three TV channels. This allowed the user interface for choosing a
> channel to be really simple -- my family's TV set, for example, has four
> buttons, labelled `1' through `4'. Now, however, when many of us have

   Doh! I just hate it when I run into those extreme cases I like to
use in my favour working against me. <grin>  Okay, point conceded.
The choices do, in the extreme, have an affect the interface.

> Go on, then: file an RFE for a Here'sWhatYouNeedToKnowAboutUsingBugzilla keyword.

   Ack!  I'm sure everybody would just LOVE that. <grin>

> Such cheat sheets are the hallmark of poor user interface.

   It's an interesting dilemma.  If you put all of the "cheat"
information into the UI then you end up with a wildly unwieldly UI due
to its size.  Nobody would be able to use if effectively.  But if you
make a very streamlines UI that's easy to look at you necessarily lose
much of the information that would be needed to use it properly.  I
don't think there's any way of satisfying both requirements at the
same time (complete and streamlined).

> > won't cut it, what will?  Please offer your own informed contribution
> > to the issue.  What should we be doing?

> In approximate order of importance:

   Thank you!  This was immensely helpful and the first clear
indication I've had that there are well thought-out alternatives to
the keyword issue that will still help the underlying situation.  A
completely refreshing change from negative comments without any
positives.

   Of course, you know I had to ask: Is anybody working on
implementing these changes to the system?

> No. All this discussion is evidence of is that Peter Lairo likes adding
> keywords to bugs. This fact is well-known to anyone who gets a lot of

   That's not what I've got out of this.  Actually, I've learned a
lot.

      Jason.