On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, JTK wrote:

> Ian Hickson wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Peter Lairo wrote:
> > >
> > > Let's use the definition of the "mail6" keyword and expand it to include
> > > all Mozilla components (not just mail). The name of the morphed keyword
> > > doesn't have to be what I suggested, it could be something else. The
> > > description could include cautionary notes: e.g., "seems easy to fix,
> > > but could not be after a closer look. If so, please then remove the KW."
> > > or whatever we need to get this moving.
> >
> > I (and others) have exactly the same issues with "mail6" as we would with
> > your proposed keyword(s).
> >

> So the mail6 keyword is going bye-bye, right?
>
> Right?  I mean, AOL is not running the show at Mozilla, right?

The 'mail6' keyword, like the 'ns*' keywords, are provided by Mozilla for
use by one of Mozilla's main contributors. If any other organisation wants
keywords for their use, then they are welcome to have them. For example
Adobe ('acrobat'), Macromedia ('flash' and 'shockwave'), OEOne ('oeone'),
Real ('realplayer'), and Zope ('zopestudio') all have keywords of their
own. The 'mail*' and 'relnote*' keywords, like some of the others
mentioned above, were created before the popularity of keywords became
apparent, and therefore before prefixes (like 'ns') were added to new
keywords. They should probably be updated or removed, if they are no
longer in use.

--
Ian Hickson                                     )\     _. - ._.)       fL
Netscape, Standards Compliance QA              /. `- '  (  `--'