Josh Soref wrote:

 > barney wrote:
 >
 >> I don't give a rip about how many total messages there are in a
newsgroup,
 >>  and still can't figure out why anybody else would, either.
 >>
 > general has 30225 at the time of this posting. I am on dialup.
 > time on dialup, this is why the number has some value to people
 > like me.
 >
 > It also helps me gauge how many months it will take before i finish
 > catching up on the newsgroup (although groups.google's indicators
 > are probably better). my current estimate is 30months.

Mozilla asks you whether you want to download more headers than what you
set in your prefs (or is there some other threshold?), so you never
"accidentally" start downloading more than your connection can handle.

Also, hovering over the newsgroup "gave" you a tooltip on the total
message count (i think it's gone now).

If you prefer the new way, that's fine. I just wanted to point out that
all info was already available with the original layout.

As long as the original layout (unread right after ng), I'm satified.

PS. Oh yes, the speed improvement is great.

PPS. Anyone else noticed that the folder open/closed states are messed
up after a restart?

--

Regards,

Peter Lairo