Hi,

I just recieved this from a vendor that have build plugins based on the
Netscape architecure and wer supported by IE also. Not anymore.
Interesting change of events..

-Jeet
-------

In an unexpected turn of events, Microsoft has prematurely ceased
support for plug-ins that conform to Netscape specifications with the
release of Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Internet Explorer 5.5. Though this
move from Microsoft was expected in the near future in the official
release of Internet Explorer 6.0, the sudden release of SP2 has created
a wave of concern over all software manufacturers who produce browser
plug-ins that use the Netscape code.

Many software companies have standardized on the Netscape code for their
plug-ins, which previously could also be utilized in the Microsoft
browser. This made good business sense because software companies would
not have to spend additional money and resources on supporting two lines
of code, one for Microsoft's Internet Explorer and one for the Netscape
browser. But with Microsoft's recent move, it looks like software
companies will have no choice but to support both browsers.

"Venodr's Plugin" will no longer work as soon as Microsoft's SP2 is
installed. As a result, we are urging all our customers to delay any
planned implementation of the new SP2 if you are interested in
maintaining the functionality of your plug-ins. DO NOT INSTALL INTERNET
EXPLORER 5.5 SERVICE PACK 2. In the meantime, if you have already
installed the new SP2, you will have to uninstall the browser completely
and reinstall IE5.5 with Service Pack 1 from your original CD.
Currently, this is the only way to revive the plug-in functionality in
Internet Explorer 5.5.