From: Matt Martel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Sidebars and XPConnect
Date: 2000/05/12
Newsgroups: netscape.public.dev.mysidebar,netscape.public.mozilla.xpcom

I am trying to use the observer service in my sidebar page code. This
mimics the "What's Related" functionality, in that it wants to be
notified when the browser navigates to a new location. I've even
borrowed some of the related-panel.js code, with some success. Until
recently I could bypass the XPConnect security issue by setting
security.checkxpconnect to false in prefs.js. Now this no longer works,
and I cannot successfully enable the UniversalXPConnect privelege within
my sidebar javascript code.

I guess the real question is, how does this work for the "What's
Related" code? I don't see anything special to allow related-panel.js to
access the observer service. Any info would be appreciated.

--
Matt Martel
[EMAIL PROTECTED]