>>> and for us (the USA) to fix them would require us to depose the
>>> governments.
>>
>> You're on track to depose the government of Afghanistan....
>
> You must know something that I do not know.

It looks very much like it's going that way to me. As soon as Bush has a
fig-leaf of evidence to cover himself, he's going to go and kick some
Afghani butt. And bad things will result from this.

>> And it's simply not true to claim that these countries are poor simply
>> because of corrupt government.
>
> Of course not.  They do not produce any products that the global economy
> wants and will pay for.

That's not true. Many countries do produce products the global economy
wants; the problem is that they produce them too cheaply and undercut
the producers in Western countries.

The world is not a free market. :-(

Gerv