DeMoN LaG wrote:

>Jon Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED], on 21 Sep 2001:
>
>>According to Mozilla apparently they view this as a feature, not a
>>bug. When people complained about it, they say it doesn't affect
>>the majority of users.
>>
>>I myself have stopped worrying about NS6 compatibilty for all of my
>>sites, because it doesn't affect the majority of users....
>>
>>Even if I wanted to make my apps compatible, it's impossible to
>>debug in anyway.
>>

>Um, unless I'm mistaken I thought I saw a checkin for this bug, fixing
>the problem so view source first attempts to pull the page from the
>cache, then reposting the data and generating a new page

Yes, there is a bug, but reposting the data is definitely NOT the right
answer.  The page should get pulled from the cache and displayed.  No
repost.  Data could have changed on the server meantime giving a page
different to that which was displayed originally, meaning it would still
be impossible to debug.  View page source must show the source of the
page as currently displayed, and the same goes for printing a page.
 This is quite obvious to a developer.  It beats me how so many people
have so much trouble understanding this fundamentality, especially
someone from Netscape.

Warmest Regards,

Brian