Christian Mattar wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Yatsu wrote:
>>

>> > so..
>> >
>> > if(document.getElementByID("foldheader"))
>>
>> I'm afraid the javascript console complains at this line.
>> "document.getElementByID is not a function."
>
> It's 'getElementById', not 'getElementByID'.
>
> Christian

ah, cheers :)

Hum, still didn't work though. Having spend a little more time looking into
the script i've (finally) come to the understanding that all it does is

- check is the calling object has a certain ID
- store a reference to the next object
- change the css attribute "display" to either "none" or " ". doing so
shows or hides the items nested in the object.

the only thing faulty about this is that it uses the ID property (or is it
attribute? :) which is meant to be unique. Is it possible to identify
objects by class?

so..

if(<getElementByClass?> == "folder")
    {