I'm having problems running Mozilla on a Win2K box, with Roaming, or
Synchronised, profiles. [for example, the APPDATA environment variable is a
UNC path, and not a mapped drive.. this I cant change]

On running Mozilla [unless Netscape 4 is installed,, in which case the
Profilewizard is executed] it crashes immediately. This is unless you
run -profilemanger or -profilewizard and you create a profile [no default
profile is created. am assuming this is because of the UNC path to my Win2k
profile]. If I then create a profile it's fine. However, on subsequent
returns Mozilla crashes on start-up. Running profilemanager again shows that
profilemanager/mozilla can't find the previously created profile.

In order for me to run mozilla I have to run it with the -profilemanager
switch, and make it point to a profile folder on my local machine.

The following errors come up in the JS Console Window:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code:
0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIProperties.get]"  nsresult: "0x80004005
(NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame ::
chrome://communicator/content/profile/profileSelection.js :: StartUp :: line
51"  data: no]

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code:
0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIProfileInternal.defaultProfileParentDir]"
nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame ::
chrome://communicator/content/profile/newProfile1_2.js ::
chooseProfileFolder :: line 103"  data: no]

Anyone have a fix for this? Or am I doomed to using IE in a corporate
environment....