Pratik wrote:

> On 10/30/01 02:02 PM, Jay Garcia wrote:
>
>> Also, if you configure reply at the bottom in one, it changes to TOP
>> in the other when you restart.
>
> I dont understand this though. All pref changes in one are honoured by
> teh other but what is so special about "reply at top" pref and "
> "forward attachment" pref both of which seem to revert back to default.

The pref system does not save prefs when they match the default, so for every

pref where Mozilla and N6 have different defaults your settings will only
stick if they differ from *both* of them. Otherwise as you switch back and
forth your setting eventually goes away and you get the default in each
product.

your choices are
1) live with it :-)
2) create "user.js" next to prefs.js and put the affected prefs
    there -- these will not be overridden or touched. But also
    any subsequent changes you make in the prefs dialog will only
    last for that session since the user.js setting will win at
    next start
3) remove the offending prefs from the *-ns.js default files.
    (don't remove all of them unless you know what you're doing)

-Dan Veditz