Jay Garcia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED], on 30 Oct 2001:

> Erik Pukinskis wrote:
>
>> I wasn't sure where to direct this, so I'll post it here:
>>
>> I just upgraded to WindowsXP/IE6 and whenever I try to watch the
>> quicktime trailers on apple.com with IE, the damn thing crashes
>> constantly.
>>
>> I finally got fed up and installed mozilla 0.9.5, and wonder of
>> wonders, no more crashing!
>>
>> Thanks, moz!
>>
>> -Erik
>>

> You're welcome !! :-D

The sad thing is this:
Mozilla is a completely beta program, with no guarentees what so ever
that it will work/work as intended.  People will bitch for *months* on
end that they can't get something to work right (even when other people
have never had a problem).  IE6 is a finished product.  It's designed to
work with a good amount of reliability.  It doesn't, it crashes, it
takes your OS with it sometimes, yet no one says "Forget this, I'm going
to Netscape 6", but twice a week in these newsgroups people say "Forget
this, I'm going back to IE."  Why is it more excusable for a finished
product to be unstable but people complain that something unfinished
doesn't work right occasionally?

--
ICQ: N/A (temporarily)
AIM: FlyersR1 9