There are also long-standing authentication problems with Netscape mail
in that your username and password will work in the browser, but fail in
Netscape Mail.

This has been happening for me for the past two years, and nobody at NS
gives a damn.

(Think that's harsh? It's not, it's just the truth. I reported it to
Netscape aeons ago, and reported it here too, and nobody gives a damn.
Netscape Web Mail service (not the application) sucks big time. Ditch it
and use a real e-mail service instead. It's totally terrible.)