I complained to CNet about their Netscape vs IE recent comparison. They
actually tested Netscape 5.1 vs IE, reported their results and then
later changed the article to read Netscape 6.2 instead of the tested
6.1. I got a letter from them which it it's quoted below. I am
flabergasted by the lame answer I got. At a minimum it shows completely
irresponsible and unethical "journalism". I think people should
innundate their site with complaint letter until they post a disclaimer.

The email follows;

"Hi,
You are correct. We did indeed update our story from Netscape 6.1 to
Netscape 6.2. However, according to our contacts at Netscape, there are
no significant code changes to 6.2 that would affect either speed or
stability. The only major difference between the two versions is 6.2's
increased support for Windows XP and Mac OS X. You might want to check
out the actual Netscape 6.2 Web site. The vast majority of the text is
exactly the same text that was on the former 6.1 site. In fact, Netscape
deliberately didn't make a production out of the 6.2 release because,
unlike 6.1, 6.2 really is a minor point upgrade.

Hope that explains it. Thanks for your feedback.

Sharah"