If you have JRE installed at all in your system, you can make a file
called user.js in the same directory as your prefs.js, and add this line
to it:
user_pref("plugin.do_JRE_Plugin_Scan",true);

Mozilla will scan for a plugin, so you don't have to re-copy the plugin
files every time you do a new install.