Ian Thomas wrote:

> The prefs toolbar allows you to change most prefs of this type at the
> click of a button.
>
> http://xulplanet.com/downloads/view.cgi?category=applications&view=prefbar
>
> It does introduce some bugs on some systems though, but nothing too
> serious.
>
> Ian

Thanks! That does solve some of my problems.

However, I was referring to the ability of an end-user (that's me) to be able
to set any user_pref() or pref() via a bookmark. The above prefs toolbar is
great for the commonly used prefs, but doesn't allow me to change arbitrary
prefs; e.g., I have set the pref to disable popups called from window.open(),
but I will not be able to disable that via the prefs toolbar --- hmm. that's
not a very good example :), but I hope you see where I'm going with this.

-Bharat