Mike Mimic wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have tried -moz-opacity setting with Netscape 6.2 (I have tried only
> with this version) and I have problems that if I set (for example)
> whole table to 40% opacity (so that table's background is partly
> transparent) table's text is set, too. And enclosing text into
> div tags (with 100% opacity) doesn't make text normal.
>
> Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Sorry if this is off-topic, but I haven't found any other (more) proper
> newsgroup.
>

> Mike

That sounds like the right behaviour to me - you are making the entire
table transparent not just the background.

I'm not sure what you could do the overcome that, short of seperating
the text from the transparent background (i.e. Have a div for the
background, with  the opacity set, and then another div which has the
actual content and it positioned above the first div but in the same
place. Certainly not an idea solution, but if all you are after is eye
candy it would work.)

Ian